How it all started

Founded in 1921 by J.G. Hogeslag, the small Hogeslag meatworks was first located in Den Nul, a small village situated between Wijhe and Olst    aan de Ijssel. Generation followed generation, and the meatworks     company at the Holstweg was taken in use. Cow and calf slaughtering constituted the main part of operations.

Livestock was purchased under own management. A "Hogeslag" could always be found at practically all large weekly livestock markets. Sales of the slaughtered carcasses took place within the Netherlands as well as across borders.

1991 saw to fourth-generation "Hogeslag" taking over the reins. 

And on 16 September 1993 the last cow was slaughtered, bringing to an end such like operations after more than 70 years with the last cattle car shipment of cows.


The meatworks was rebuilt into a cutting hall and fully fitted out to process carcasses. As slaughtering no longer formed a part of the operations, carcasses were purchased from various suppliers. A stringent selection process guarantees a high-quality end product.

The premises at the Holstweg could no longer meet the high demand and expansion of activities. In autumn of 2001 the former Dumeco pork slaughterhouse in Olst was taken over. A large reconstruction and over a year later, in June 2002, the company moved its base from Den Nul to Olst.

The state-of-the-art modern meat processing company is located at the Industrieweg in Olst.

 

Klik op de foto voor een vergroting 
Certificering
Hogeslag-Olst B.V. is per November 2010 BRC en IFS gecertificeerd. 
Contact
Hogeslag-Olst b.v.
Groothandel in vlees

Industrieweg 16
8121 BZ Olst (NL)
T. +31 (0)570-563971
E. info@hogeslagolst.nl